Saturday, January 29, 2011

Grandma Dress Turned Young And Edgy.




The blue embroidered dress and black velvet bag-vintage, the red belt-my mothers, the leopard print shirt-thrifted, bird necklace-my sisters,  rings- Diva and a gift, army boots-Rubi Shoes.  

I've been wanting to wear this beautiful vintage embroidered dress for a while but I had trouble styling it as I didn't want to look too "Grandma-ish". Then suddenly the thought occurred to me that I should clash "pretty" vintage with an edgy grunge style and hey presto the look featured was born.
By adding the more earthy elements such as the thritfted leopard shirt (worn as a vest), chunky rings, heavy army boots and a vintage black velvet bag the look evolved into an edgy vintage master piece!

Try clashing different styles and see what individual outfits you can come up with. You might surprise yourself!
Remember to think OUTSIDE the norm.

Have fun!

xx E    

No comments:

Post a Comment